Blackjack is one of the most popular card games in the world. Tracing its history back to 18th Century France where it was known as vingt et un, it has now spread far and wide and is one of the most played games in online casinos. But if you are used to playing blackjack with friends and family, or in a traditional land casino, it can be hard to make the switch to online versions. Whether you are playing on your PC or on your mobile we are here to give you some tips to mastering the world of playing blackjack in an online casino! Read on to find out more!”
- Knowing when is the right time to hit or to stand is a key part of playing blackjack. There isn’t really a big strategy for this but it is worth having an idea in your mind what to do when certain cards are dealt to you, in relation to what the dealer has. If the dealer gives you any card between four and eight, we advise that you hit. If however, you are dealt between twelve and sixteen and the dealer has a low card, we would suggest that you stand. In general, the worst cards that a dealer can have are two to six so keep that in mind when you are playing.
- Unless you are a card counting professional, we would highly advise that you don’t take insurance because it puts the house at an advantage. This is really relevant in online casinos because card counting is impossible due to random number generators that are responsible for dealing.
- If you are dealt a ten or eleven, it is wise to always double down- most online casinos will allow you to do this, especially if the dealer has a two to six. Yes, you might have to double your bet, but remember that you are also doubling your chance of winning!
- Should you be lucky enough to be dealt a pair of eights or aces, then always make sure you split them. Should you ever land two identical cards, it is not always advisable to do so, but in the case of two eights or two aces, we say do it. Remember that two eights is the worst possible hand so if you split them, you double the chance of getting a better hand such as an eighteen. Likewise with aces- two aces equals twelve, but if you split them then you are doubling your chance of getting twenty one, twice!
- So, we recommend you always split your aces and eights, but we highly advise against splitting a ten or a six. Splitting two sixes will result in an awful hand and as two tens equals twenty, there is no point risking a worse hand by splitting them. Just don’t do it!
These are a few tips for playing blackjack online, remember that it is a game of chance and that the best way to win, is to have lady luck smiling down on you!